02 February, 2011

Eats - Iced-in Brunch

French toast with apples cooked in sorghum and maple syrup,
scrambled eggs with cheddar and spinach, orange slices, coffee
So apparently we are enjoying a record-breaking, or at least quite impressive, ice storm. We had a snow day at work. Snow days are one of my favorite things about winter. An unexpected day off. And not only a day off, but a day when I couldn't go anywhere if I wanted to. Glorious. So after I did some Pilates, cleaned a bit, and de-iced my back stairs and car (just in time for them to ice back over), I made a hefty brunch for my sister-blogger (who braved the ice so our puppies could play) and me. I do get a kick out of calling him my "sister"-blogger, but he's done it to himself.

The brunch included French toast made from the leftover bread from my previous post - the multigrain sandwich bread - dipped in eggs, heavy cream, a splash of milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and then cooked in oil until crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and topped with apples cooked in butter, sorghum, and maple syrup. Mm. The eggs were scrambled with cheddar and cream cheeses, a bit of milk, spinach, black and cayenne peppers, and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment